PULMICORT FLEXHALER samples
Confirm your sample eligibility
Register with AZ TouchPoints to confirm your sample eligibility. If you are eligible, you can
- Check sample availability and select quantities
- Place an order for AstraZeneca samples
- Have samples delivered directly to your office
Access the sample center by logging in using your e-mail address and password.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION ABOUT PULMICORT FLEXHALER
- PULMICORT FLEXHALER is not a bronchodilator and is NOT indicated for the relief of acute bronchospasm
- Particular care is needed for patients who are transferred from systemically active corticosteroids to
PULMICORT FLEXHALER because deaths due to adrenal insufficiency have occurred in asthmatic patients during and after transfer from systemic corticosteroids to less systemically available inhaled corticosteroids
- Due to possible immunosuppression, potential worsening of infections could occur. A more serious or even fatal course of chickenpox or measles can occur in susceptible patients
- It is possible that systemic corticosteroid effects such as hypercorticism, reduced bone mineral density, and adrenal suppression may appear in a small number of patients, particularly at higher doses
- Inhaled corticosteroids may cause a reduction in growth velocity. The long-term effect on final adult height is unknown
- Rare instances of glaucoma, increased intraocular pressure, and cataracts have been reported following the inhaled administration of corticosteroids
- Hypersensitivity reactions, including anaphylaxis, have been reported with budesonide
- PULMICORT FLEXHALER contains small amounts of lactose, which contains trace levels of milk proteins. In patients who have severe milk protein allergy (not those who are lactose intolerant) cough, wheezing, or bronchospasm may occur
- Adverse reactions that occurred at a rate of ≥1% are: nasopharyngitis, nasal congestion, pharyngitis, allergic rhinitis, viral upper respiratory tract infection, nausea, viral gastroenteritis, otitis media, and oral candidiasis
- PULMICORT FLEXHALER is indicated for the maintenance treatment of asthma as prophylactic therapy in adult and pediatric patients 6 years of age or older
Please click here for full Prescribing Information for PULMICORT FLEXHALER.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.FDA.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.